How to book the driving test
Driving test 2018: official DVSA guide
Driving test changes: parking in a bay
Driving test changes: pull up on the right and reverse
10 things you should never do on driving test
DVSA syllabus for the B car driving test
- The Cockpit Drill – the safety checks you make each time you enter the car.
- Getting Moving – getting ready to drive.
- Gears – how to make gear changes.
- Steering – how to steer safely using the pull and push method.
- Co-ordination – how to put it all together and move off safely.
- The Emergency Stop.
- The Hazard Drill & Basic Junctions – how to safely negotiate minor roads.
- Busier Junctions.
- Pedestrian Crossings & Traffic Signals.
- Hazard Perception & Defensive Driving.
- Town & City Centre Driving.
- Progressive Driving – more rural roads, negotiating bends and overtaking.
- Manoeuvres – reversing, parking and turning the car around.
- Independent Driving – following road signs, diagrams or directions from the examiner.